Founder & Principal
Lee D. Kemper, Founder and Principal, possesses an uncommon blend of professional experience that includes senior level positions with California state and county government and the nonprofit sector. Over the past thirty years, Mr. Kemper:
- Directed policy, program and administrative operations for the County Medical Services Program (CMSP) and Path2Health, a Low Income Health Program, which collectively serve approximately 70,000 low income, uninsured adults in 35 California counties at an annual cost of over $400 million.
- Provided counsel to top state health officials on critical health coverage and public health issues while serving in two appointed health policy positions in the Administration of California Governor Pete Wilson.
- Directed policy development, legislative advocacy and association operations for the County Welfare Directors Association of California, a statewide county association representing 58 county human service agencies.
- Directed policy for a nonprofit health policy center dedicated to promoting prevention in the delivery of health coverage programs.
Over Mr. Kemper’s career, he has served as an analyst and advisor, association executive, appointed public official, board executive, registered lobbyist and program manager. As Founder and Principal with Kemper Consulting Group, Mr. Kemper’s knowledge and experience offer clients a unique perspective and understanding on three related areas:
- What it takes to make effective policy.
- How to develop, implement, and maintain strong program operations focused on outcomes.
- How to make the case for policy and financing changes needed to support program goals and objectives.
For further information about Mr. Kemper’s background, see his professional biography.