Policy & Program Expertise
With a focus on health and human service programs serving the needs of low income and vulnerable populations, the firm’s expertise spans an array of policy and program areas, including:
- Publicly funded health coverage programs, including Medicaid (Medi-Cal in California), state and local programs for the uninsured and medically indigent, and children’s health programs.
- Federal health care reform implementation, including expansion of coverage to single, low-income uninsured adults under Medicaid.
- County indigent care and general relief mandates and alternative county approaches.
- Programs serving children, including Child Welfare Services, foster care, and First Five.
- Programs serving seniors and persons with disabilities, including In-Home Support Services, Adult Protective Services, and community-based services and supports.