The policy development and program development processes in the health and human services arena are closely linked. Both start with problem definition, identification of a preferred goal or solution, and development of a set of action steps. Following enactment of a policy, the process of program development contains subsequent tiers of policy-making linked to program implementation. These policy decisions focus on program design, finance, data collection and reporting.
Our consultants help clients reach their program goals, and thus their larger policy goals, through a methodical process that helps clients:
- Define and refine their program goals and objectives.
- Identify and consider alternative programmatic approaches.
- Establish concrete implementation steps and timelines.
- Define and set measures for determining performance.
- Identify the data elements required to measure what happened.